Lhabab Duchen, one of the four great holy days of the Buddhist calendar when merit is multiplied by 100 million times, takes place this year on Friday, November 10. Don’t miss the opportunity to rejoice in an incredible array of beneficial activities being sponsored by the Puja Fund and offered by up to 15,650 Sangha.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche recently commented: “When doing any puja think: I am doing this puja for any sentient being who needs this. So motivate for everyone, not for yourself, not for money. Then doing the puja becomes Dharma, pure motivation, because of the thought to benefit others. Then dedicate it for any people who are dying, sick, or need this puja done for them. Think of all those people who need so much prayer. In this same way whatever practice you do, try to do it for the benefit of sentient beings. Not just recite prayer.”
Please remember that on November 10 the following will be happening around the world and dedicated to the long life of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and to the success of all the FPMT centers, projects, services, students, benefactors and those serving the organization in any way, as well as all beings:
Practices Offered by Over 15,650 Ordained Sangha
- Recitation of the Prajnaparamita (three versions) offered by 650 monks of Gyurme Tantric College.
- Druk Chu Ma, Namgyäl Tong Chö, and Zangcho offered by 6,000 monks of Sera Je and Sera Mey Monasteries.
- Druk Chu Ma, Medicine Buddha Puja and Zangcho offered by 3,400 monks of Gaden Jangtse and Shartse Monasteries.
- Druk Chu Ma, Namgyäl Tsechog and Zangcho offered by 4,200 monks of Drepung. Gomang, Loseling and Deyang Monasteries.
- Namgyäl Tong Chö and Zangcho offered by 600 monks of Gyuto Tantric Colleges.
- Druk Ch Ma, Medicine Buddha Puja and Zangcho offered by the 370 monks of Kopan Monastery.
- Druk Chu Ma, Medicine Buddha Puja and Zangcho offered by the 400 nuns of Kopan Nunnery
Offerings are made to all of Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s gurus
Offerings are made to Sangha at IMI communities
Offerings Made to Holy Objects in Nepal, India and Tibet
- Bouddhanath and Swayambunath stupas: Offering white wash and four giant saffron flower petals and new umbrellas to the stupas’ pinnacles
- Buddha inside the Bodhgaya Mahabodhi temple: Offering a new set of robes of the most precious material
- Jowo Buddha in Lhasa’s Jokang: Offering gold to the holy body of the Jowo Buddha
How to Participate
- Take a few moments on Lhabab Duchen to join in with prayer in your mind and rejoice that thousands of ordained Sangha are doing prayers at the exact same time.
- Take a few moments on Lhabab Duchen to rejoice in some of the incredible offerings happening around the world.
- Make an offering that goes toward covering the cost of these prayers, pujas, and offerings.
- Join in on a group practice recommended for Buddha multiplying days at your local FPMT center or participate at home.
All are welcome to donate to the Puja Fund and directly support these most precious offerings.